Goal Trackers

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Calorimetry

I found this Calorimetry pattern on Knitty and thought it was just so cute. I have long hair (not as long as back in the day) and hate to wear hats in the winter because of hat head, but I know I should cover up and my ears do get cold. This pattern seemed like the perfect happy-medium. I had been following a conversation about this patter on the Stitch 'n Bitch group on MySpace, and knew I would need to make some adjustement to my CO depending on the yarn and size of my noggin'. I made this one first with Lion Wool:

The picture doesn't really do the yarn justice as there is some nice purple in the mix with brown and the blue (which was really why I bought the yarn, I love brown and purple together). My assistant loved it so much I made her one too!

Then I had this one skein of yarn. For the life of me I can't remember what kind, but it was red and purple (another of my favorite color combination) with gold thread. Because this yarn was a little thicker it happens to be warmer :)

No comments: