Goal Trackers

Monday, March 16, 2009

This Weather is Killing Me!!

Ugh! I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind and decide that Spring should be here and stop with this crazy up and down weather! All these drastic temperature drop, front and barometric pressure ups and downs are recking havoc on me and triggering migraines like crazy! I don't know what percentage of the population actually gets migraines - and I'm not talking bad headaches here - I'm talking about debilitating, super-sensitive, mind shit. I had a really bad one last week and not my usual kind of off-kilterness when it comes to migraines. I was in bed Monday night and I had a slight headache. I didn't take anything because I was going to sleep and usually sleep will help get rid of it. I was just finishing up a chapter in a book when BAM I had a full force migraine come on. I've never had one hit me like that without one of my triggers. So, I got out of bed and took one of my prescription medications and crawled back into bed. I was up again at either 2:30 or 3:30 AM, my vision was blurry so I couldn't read my clock, and my head was pounding! It was time for the ice pack. I went down stairs and only by the grace of God did I make it down the flight of steps without falling and breaking my neck because my balance was soooooo off whack! I grabbed the ice pack from my freezer (I keep two in my freezer for just such times) and crawled back up the stairs *and I do mean crawl because I was afraid I might fall if I tried to stand up*, took another prescription pill, crawled back into bed, pulled up the covers, placed the ice pack on my head and drifted off to the blackness. I was up again a few hours later. It was like my body just knew that it could not handle the loud alarm clock because I woke up again, literally two minutes before my alarm went off. My head was still pound and when I got up to head to the bathroom, my balance was still off. There was no way I could drive into work. Called in sick, took a 3rd prescription pill *I know, not good* made sure the sun blocking shades were closed *I have those heavy light blocking shades for days like this that turn my usually bright room into the Bat Cave* and went back to bed. I didn't get up again till about 11AM. My head was still bothering me, but not as bad. I had something light to eat, took a 4th pill and started to make a mental list of who I would call to take me to the hospital if this pain didn't go away. I knew I couldn't take any more of my prescriptions. I shouldn't have take 4 in less that 24 hours, but thinking kind of is non-existent when you're dealing with pain like this.

I was straightening up a few things, staying off the computer because that can be a migraine trigger for me. Usually it's when I'm working on the computer a lot, but when I'm teetering on the brink the slightest thing can trigger a full blown migraine instantly. That's when I saw it....
the one bootie....
the one Christening bootie....
ONE...
on the floor in the spare room. The other was no where in sight! *don't panic, don't get hysterical, and whatever you don't - don't let your BP go up or you'll definitely be calling someone to take you to the hospital for another migraine*

I had both booties sitting on the top of the bookcase, drying. They were stuffed with plastic baggies to shape and stretch then just a little. The other booties was not on the bookcase. The other booties was not on the floor near the one bootie that I found. *know, this is where you can officially call me the crazy cat lady* I'm shaking the one booties that I had while demanding that Frisco, yes that's my cat, tell me where the other one was. I have no more of this yarn left, so I could not make another bootie. I needed to find it! Frisco, of course, is looking at me like "Uh oh, mommy's losing it again." I went searching all through the upstairs, looking under the bed, in the closets, in his little bed, went downstairs, moved the couch, moved the china buffet, searched high and low for where he might had swatted this bootie. It was driving me crazy, because Frisco doesn't usually play with things that don't make noise, unless it's a long piece of string or yarn or a measuring tape. I'm am soooo trying not to panic here. I went back upstairs to plead with Frisco to show me were the other booties was. This time, something apparently sunk in with him and he walks over to the chaise lounge that I have in the spare room, flops over and starts pawing at something under there. I go over and get on my knees and take a look *oh thanks the gods!* There under the chaise lounge was the bootie with half the plastic bag pulled out of it. The little stinker was playing with the plastic bag that inside the bootie *told you, he likes things that make noise* I snatched up that bootie and put them away where he couldn't get his paws on them again!

Disaster averted, cat still have his skin in tact.

In other knitting news. I finished two projects since I last posted. First up is the baby blanket. This was made for one of the big wigs at the Panera's that my knitting group meets at every Wednesday night. The pattern was easily memorized and fairly easy to knit up.

Blue Blue Blanket
Pattern: Elegantly Simple Baby Blanket by Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer
Needles: Addi Turbos size 9
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted (4 skeins)
Modifications: none

And then, I finally finished my Valetine Baudelaire socks *ok, ok, so it's no longer Valentine's Day, but who cares!* And I love them!! It was a perfect marriage of yarn and pattern!

Baudelaire
Pattern: Baudelaire by Cookie A.
Needles: KnitPicks Circulars - 3.0 mm 32"
Yarn: Yarn Love Marianne Dashwood - Summer Sangria
Modifications: I made the socks 2-@-a-time and in the larger size, but without the larger instep. The larger instep would probably have aided in getting the socks over my heel a little better, but then they would have been to big on the calf. I like them just how they are.


I would definately make another pair with this pattern. It was lots of fun. I have another pair of Cookie A's on needles and can't wait for her sock book to come out! I've already ordered mine on Amazon and it says it should be delivered on April 3rd!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

See Ellen, I posted before you could yell at me :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, those migraines sound horrendous. I have headaches, the kind that make me crawl into bed with a washcloth and not move, but nothing like what you describe.

I love those two projects and I love reading your blog! No yelling from this end!

Rima said...

That baby blanket is a dream! I dont know how you did it.