Goal Trackers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Windy City - September 2009

At the end of September I went to Kansas City, MO for a workshop. Work sent me and paid for the workshop and all my travel expenses. Since there were no directly flights to KC from here and since our schools were closed on Monday for Yom Kippur I decided to take Tuesday off and plan a layover in the windy city so that I could visit with my gf, KnitRedSox, one day and Mr. X the other. I was in KC, MO from Thurs - Sun. When I purchased my plan tickets to come home I had to choose a flight that had its connecting flight in Chicago. My choices were 11AM or 6:50PM departure. 11AM meant I would have had to leave the workshop early and since work was paying for it, I couldn't. So, I took the 6:50PM but then I headed to the airport as soon as we got out at noon and put myself on the stand-by list for the 1:30PM flight. Luckily, I was able to take my luggage on board with me because if I checked it beginning the luggage HAS to go to the final destination and that would have left me in Chicago with just the clothes on my back!! But, Hera was apparently smiling down upon me that afternoon for just as I was getting to the place all overhead space was packed and they hand checked my luggage at the plane door and I was able to tell them my final destination was O'Hare and so my luggage got checked and was taken off the plane when we landed in Chicago!

KnitRedSox picked me up and we went back to her place. We hung out of the night and got caught up and we were going to plan a local yarn crawl for Monday, but I guess lucky for my wallet, most of the local shops were closed on Monday! We did find one shop, Knitches, to be open and we headed out there on Monday. It was a very nice shop! Here is what I left the shop with:

Chicago Trip yarn purcahses
1. Malabrigo - Bobby blue, 2. Blue Sky Alpaca - purple, 3. Blue Sky Alpaca - teal

I'm sure anyone who has gone yarn shopping with me or who knows me is is no way surprised by the color selection! Next door to the yarn shop was a bead shop, but I did manage to keep my wallet and credit cards inside my purse while we were in there :)

Monday night Mr. X picked me up and I spend Monday night and Tuesday with him and Baby M until I had to catch my flight.

Unfortunately, I did forget my digital camera and the woman that I went to the workshop with stopped at a CVS and bought us both a disposal camera. I haven't used one of those in years! Then the CVS that I use all the time doesn't do photos on CD. I should have just gone somewhere else, but I was lazy and dropped the film off anyway and then spend some time yesterday scan all the pictures into the computer. So, the pictures are not the best quality, but she's still a cutey. My favorite is the one of Baby M dancing. Actually, I have no idea if she was dancing there of if I manage to get a shot off before she made a mad-dash into my lap. She seems to enjoy running towards people who are sitting on the floor and then flopping on them! But she looks like she was dancing, so that's what I titled it :) Before Mr. X took her home she gave me a big hug and said "I love you." I thought it would get easier the more I saw her, but that just about undid me this trip. I was able to keep myself together just long enough for Mr. X to close the door behind him and then the tears came. Oh well, to use a very over used phrase - It is what it is - and there ain't nothing I can do about it.

Chicago September 2009

1. Madi and Me, 2. Daddy and Madi, 3. Madi dancing, 4. Daddy and Madi 2, 5. Daddy and Madi 3, 6. Madi 1, 7. Madi 2, 8. Madi 3, 9. Madi 4

All-in-all and quick weekend getaway after a business trip. Not a bad way to do it :)


Kozy Kitty said...

Baby M isn't looking like a baby anymore! She's becoming a kid--and a cute one at that! Missed you Saturday morning. There were a total of 5 of us at knitting!

Anonymous said...

I was going to make exactly the same comment as Kozy Kitty's about Baby M:-)