Goal Trackers

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

One Hell of a Weekend Party!!

I had the most phenomenal weekend! Haven't had a weekend like this in a very, very long time!! I play on a MUD called Igor. I started playing Igor back in '92 when I was in college. Through this game I have met some of the most amazing people and not just from the US.

In '93 one of the players decided to put together a Meet (a weekend event where people from the game get together meet each other and hang out... and yes, lots of alcohol is usually involved). The first several meets we had use to draw a crowd anywhere from 50-75 players. Talk about a weekend party! Over the last few years, the meets have sort of dwindled here in the states, but this year two friends of mine (Paul and Brent) down in Georgia decided to give it the ol' college try and organized a GA meet. We didn't get a crowd of 50, just 12 of us for most of the weekend. A few of the locals had dropped in on one night or another. It was a blast! We certainly drank enough. :)

I can't even begin to think about the amount of beer and alcohol that was consumed over the weekend. I flew in Thursday night and spend the night at my friend Brent. He was so worried about me stay at his place for the night because he lives in a camper and was worried I couldn't handle it with my NY upbringing. It was a hoot!

Friday we headed up to Lake Lanier and got to the cabin around 3:15pm. We opened up the back door to the deck and found this little guy just chillin' on the deck. Isn't he beautiful! Unfortunately, Paul gave him the name "Bastard" and it sort of stuck for the weekend. Apparently, he didn't mind cause he hung out with us all weekend (especially after Jeremy gave him a whole chicken breast for Friday night's dinner!)

Cabin Kitty 2

By 3:30PM there were a few people at the cabin and the drinking had commenced! Erika and I were up till 4am waiting for our friend Dave to get there. He was driving down from Cleveland for the meet! Dave was no means the person who traveled the furthest for this weekend. John came all the was from London *yes, London England* for the weekend!!

Saturday night was really the best night of the weekend event :) I was grill master for dinner and cooked up brats, chicken breasts and corn for 13 people for dinner. After dinner is when I changed into my bathing suit, opened my bottle of tequila and turned into a prune in the hot tub!! Ever have 7 people in a hot tub?? *LAUGH* By 5:30AM the bottle was empty and I was heading to be after a 7 hour game of Apples to Apples !! Ever play that game with 10 drunks?? Talk about hysterical!

Here are some of the picture from the weekend of debauchery!

GA meet

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Glad you had a wonderful weekend!!

Theresa said...

Wow! What a great trip! I can see how much fun it was from all the pictures.