Goal Trackers

Friday, January 30, 2009

Sock it Two Me

Well, really three, but that wouldn't sound right. I finished three pairs of socks this month!! I can only show you two of them. I am a test knitter for my friend Sheila. She put together her first sock club this year and she asked me to test knit all the patterns before the shipments go out! Her yarn is FAaaaaaB - U - lous!! So go check out her sock club. I promise you won't be disappointed!

So, getting back to my socks!

First up.... Smeggin' Red Dwarf Socks...

Red Dwarf Socks
Pattern: Red Dwarf Socks (Rav link)
Yarn: Knit One Crochet Two's Wick
Needles: KnitPicks size 4
Modifications: None

Next up are my Psychedelic Falling Leaves Socks

Falling Leaves Socks
Pattern: Falling Leaves (Rav link)
Yarn: Colinette's Jitterbug
Needles: KnitPicks size 1.5 (2.5mm)
Modifications: None


I ran out of yarn while making these socks and looked around on Ravelry to see if anyone was selling this color. I found two people, but only looked like it would be the right color match. As you can see the colors in my skein were deep and rich and lots of the dark purple. I was careful when matching the new yarn to the old and you can't even tell where the new yarn starts!! I love it. Of course, now I have a little more that 3/4 of a skein left that I have no idea what to do with!

And my 3rd pairs for the month.....

Well, you'll have to check back mid-February to see those pictures :)

No comments: