Goal Trackers

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Better Late than Never...

...but never late is better
- Anonymous

I try, but certainly things in my life have just been SO crazy this past week, that I hadn't thought about bloggin'. I know, bad girl.

I went to the MDS&W Festival both days. Saturday turned out to be a really nice day, even though it didn't start out that way. I saw lots of sheeps, llamas and alpacas. I had an awesome Lamb Kabob (Sorry, KnitRedSoxs) and bought skeins of yarn and even bought some roving this time. No, I do not have a drop spindle, nor do I have a spinning wheel, but my friend Sheila has more than one wheel and I asked her if she would teach me (and yes, I asked BEFORE I spent money on the roving). She said she would teach me after she got her next shipment for her Sock Club in the mail and after she finished up with a few other personal matters. So maybe one day after school is out I can go over there and she can teach me :) In the meantime, you can drool over the lovely different rovings I purchased!

I purchased both rovings from the Cloverhill Yarn Shop booth in the Main building. This booth had tons of stuff from several different indie dyers - especially my friend Sheila's yarn!! Here is the first roving from Dragonfly Fibers- it's a merino and silk blend that was just oh-so-soft to touch!


Dragonfly Fiber's Roving

Next up is Fat Cat Knits - merino. Squishy soft!! I can't wait to see this one all spun up!

Fat Cat's Roving

I bought a 3rd bag of roving, but I can't post a picture of it because it's for a swap partner and I don't want her to see it before she gets it. I had a very specific idea in my mind of what color rocing I want to get her for her swap package and I was getting discourage when I couldn't find any! I finally came across one, but it had mohair and I didn't know if she liked mohair. I know some people have a real aversion to it. So i kept searching. Finally, just before the end of the day, I finally found exaclty what I was looking for!! I was exstatic!!

I don't have a picture of everything I bought, but I will share a few more things with you all and some things I may need your opinions on :)

Had to stop at Tess' Yarns. I had some ideas in mind for baby/toddle items with their Superwash Merino. I had this Child's Poncho in mind to make for Baby M and I knew I wanted to make it either hot pink or a nice purple.

First trip into Tess's I found this pretty hot pink skein and I bought it.

Tess's Superwash Merino Rose Blush

But then as I was searching patterns on Ravelry for some of the other yarns I bought I came across this cute Little Red Hoodie Cape pattern.





Then I started thinking I would use the hot pink for this pattern and then use this colorway, supposedly Tess is calling this one the Unofficial Poodle Skirt, for the poncho.


Tess' Superwash Merino

Soooooooooooooo, I'm thinking Little Red in the Hot Pink colorway and the Girls Poncho in the Unofficial Poodle Skirt colorway. What do you all think??

More from Sheep and Wool to come...

1 comment:

GirlyWithATwist said...

It's here. And I love it!!!!