Goal Trackers

Friday, May 22, 2009

Special Deliveries!

I've received two very special deliveries this last week! Last Saturday I hung out with my friends Kozykitty and Sheila all morning long. We actually met for breakfast and knitting, but suprisingly none of us knit a single stitch that morning! Sheila was mailing out her latest sock club shippment, but since we were meeting, I got mine hand delivered! Sheila asked me to be the test knitter for all the patterns in her club, so I already knew what the pattern and new colorways looked liked. Here are the socks I knit up and were used in the photo shoot for the pattern. *Girl, you better work!*

Obviously the pictures that Sheila took were a lot better than mine :) I love the colorway and how well the pattern went with it. The funniest part - I had no idea what Sheila had or was going to name this colorway, but when I saw it I had to send a little teaser out to the rest of the club members telling them to think:

"Aruba,Jjamaica ooo I wanna take you
To Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego baby why dont we go”

Little did I know she called the colorway - Kokomo!! You just can't match it better than that!

100_2176
Pattern: Ocean Waves Socks
Yarn: Wullenstudio Sock Club yarn
Needles: size 1.5 on 32" circulars knit 2-@-A-time
Modifications: Cast on an extra 8 stitches so they would fit me

In this seasons sock club shipment was this awesome project bag that my friend Kozykitty made! She matched the colors so perfectly!! KK also has her own Etsy shop and you can check out her bags there. I love 'em!!

100_2175

Next up in special deliveries is my swap package from the Eclips Swap. Check out this loot!! My partner, GirlyWithATwist, sure does know how to spoil me! I was delighted with everything in my Rosalie & Emmitt themed package.

Eclipse swap package
Here's what was in the box: a book (Dark Side of the Moon by Sherrilyn Kenyon), a cool bookmark, 6 different pins with Rosalie and Emmitt, a needles and hook gauge, KnitPicks circular needles 40" size 1 (2.25,,), Rosalie glove pattern, 2 bars of Endangered Species chocolates (yummy), a set of 5 great Twilighty stitch markers and the awesome items pictures below.

Check it out, another great project bag!! Two awesome project bags in one week! SCORE!! And this one so delights my hidden macabre side!

Awesome project bag

Here is a skein of Perfect Peds 100% Merino Superwash in the colorway "Emmitt & Rosalie." Suprisingly, even though I took the picture outside the colors in this yarn didn't come through so well, but trust me it a gorgeous skein of jewel tones!!

PerfetPeds Emmitt and Rosalie

She also sent me a skein of StitchyJones Glam socks in Garnet! So my color!! You can see the gret stitch markers she made me attached to this yarn.
Glam Sock - Garnet

And lastly, is this gorgeous knit Rosalie scarf!! She must have had ESP when she was picked this pattern to knit for me because about two weeks ago I bought enough yarn to make this scarf for myself!! I love it!! Too bad it's like 85 degrees here right now. A tad to warm to wear it.

Rosalie Scarf

I didn't take a pictures of all the goodies I sent to her, but I did manage to remember to take a picture of the cowl that I made for her, so she could cover those bite marks! ;>=

100_2174

No comments: