Goal Trackers

Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break: Day 2

So, here it is the day after I power washed my house and I have muscles aching in placed I didn't even know I had muscles!! I never realized just how much you used your stomach muscles to keep your balance on a ladder! I hurt!!

But I was on a mission to get work done over break so there was no resting for me. Sunday I had to make a quick trip to the Home Depot to pick up a good stiff bristled brush to clean my deck and some paint for the porch. I forgot to take a before picture of my deck, but I found this from back when I was having the trees cut down in my back yard. See all the icky black and green on the wood.

100_1451

I filled a pail with some hot water, bleach and a little dish soap and got to scrubbin'! Then I used the power washer to remove all the soap and can you believe I found some wood under neither it all?! There are still black spots, but it's certainly not from mold. I purchased a nice indoor/outdoor rug for the porch. As soon as I get it out there, I'll take another photo.

Scrubbed Deck


You would think "Ahhhh a major task accomplished. Now I can rest." Nope, I apparently don't know when to quit. I went right around to the porch and started scrapping off the paint that was peeling off the ceiling, sanded it down, and primed the porch. My arms were screaming at me for the brutality I was inflicting upon them.

No comments: