Goal Trackers

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

SP 12 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I would have to say that silk and silk blends are my favs! I like yarns that are soft and cozy to the touch like merino and alpaca - oh and of course silk and cashmere *dreamy*. I'm more into natural fibers. I do have a huge tub filled to over-flowing with dishcloth cotton yarn!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a plethora of needle and hook holders. I am on the hunt for some sort of neat way to display my needles at home instead of keeping them all packed away in the holders. I want to display my tools as art - after all, that is what they create!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for about three year now. My Nonna taught me when I was a little girl, but I never really took to it back then. I would say that my skill is Intermediate at this point. I have been crocheting for 18 years thought!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes I do!! The button is in the sidebar :)

5. What's your favorite scent?
I have to be very careful with ALL scents as they trigger migraines with me. Yucky! But vanilla bean, apple orchards and very subtle ocean scents are great. Mild, subtle scents. Nothing that is over-powering.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Unfortunately, yes. I would have to say my favorites are Baci, Ferrero Rocher Chocolate , Chocolate Torrone, and Nutella. Yes, I'm Italian and like my Italian sweets :) I also love raw almonds.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I have been a crocheter for 18 years. I enjoy painting ceramics. I create Christmas wreathes as gifts. I do not spin.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Wow, this is a tough one for me. I'm some what eclectic when it comes to music. I am not much for country music, heavy metal, or punk. I enjoy most of today's hip-hop, classic rock of the 70s & 80s, Elvis Presley, James Brown, Barry White, music from the 50s & 60s, Italian music (old and new), any of the great musicians (Bach, Mozart, Vivaldi, etc.). Yes, I can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Another toughie for me because I tend to love various shades of all colors. I guess my favorite colors would be red, black, smokey grey, rich teals(more blue than green), rich shades of purple. I am definitely a lover of winter colors for myself although a bright fuchsia or turquoise do look good on me too. I tend to stay away from pale colors as my skin is very pale and makes me look washed out. I stay away from yellows, golds, light or bright greens, and oranges.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my kitty, Frisco, who is 13 years-old now, but I swear he still thinks he is a kitten! I have an older sister who lives 10 minutes from me and I adore my two nieces. My folks live in NY as does my younger sister.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I am definitely a scarf wearer. I haven't worn mittens in years - it might be a nice change from gloves. Fingerless gloves and arm cosies are great. I'm more of a shawl or shrug wearing woman than I am ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Right now it seems to be the 3 S's - Scarves, Shawls and Stoles. I do enjoy knitting bags and hats. I have not tried my hand at sweaters yet, but I have a few I'm dying to start as well as some legwarmers, tanks and shrugs for my nieces. And I crochet afghans a lot. I've just started knitting socks, but I don't think that's really my thing.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Oh goodness, you want a list?? Arm cozies, 2 different scarves, dishcloth, hand towels, baby dress, 4 different lace projects. On the hooks I have 2 different afghans started. I really think I'm ADD when it comes to projects - I need variety! *giggle*

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes. Knowing someone put thought, time and love into creating something for me is special.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I *heart* my KnitPicks Options needle set and I *heart* my Addi turbos circulars. I also prefer wood straights. I stay away from plastic and aluminum in knitting needles, although I do have a set of Pony Pearls DPN that are really great!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I'm sorry can you repeat the question, we must have a bad connections. *giggle*

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas and New Year's Eve.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Faeries

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Most definitely! Check out the Wish List section of my blog!

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Not right now :)

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I've only knit 2 pairs for myself. I'm a size 10 ladies.

23. When is your birthday?
June 8th - a Gemini :)

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Pheelya

3 comments:

twiceknit said...

I have the same migraine-causing problem with most scents. I can only really stand fruit scents, and then they have to be rather mild. Most perfumes kill me! I haven't run into many other people with the same problem. Good to know I'm not the only one!

NaNiNaNi said...

Hi I've put my wishlist and embed on my blog too. Check it out this web widget www.mulist.com

knittingsecrets said...

Thanks for posting this. We have quite a bit of the same things going on . . . and many of the same things on our wishlist!