Goal Trackers

Thursday, June 19, 2008

SP12 Question of the Week #2

As a kid, what did you look forward to most about summer vacation/break/holiday?
You mean there was something else to look forward to BESIDES not having to get up early and do homework?? *giggle*

Hmmmm, let see.... Things that I most looked forward to at summer break was sleeping in *now does that really surprise any of you?* and going down to the local pool and hanging out with friends all day. The pool was about a 30 minute walk from my house. The main road that led to the pool was a rather heavily driven road and as my sister's and I look back on these times we wonder What the hell were Mom and Dad thinking letting us little kids walk by ourselves on these busy road???. My sister's and I would usually set out right around 11 AM (earlier if we had swimming lessons) and we'd pretty much be there all day. My parents would get home from work around 4:30 PM and come pick us up, If was a really hot day, they would join us and we'd be there till about 6 PM.

Another big part of my summer breaks was always the Summer Reading Program at the local library. I LOVED to read. I still enjoy it now, but since I haven't really mastered knitting and reading at the same time, my reading has suffered a bit. I can remember setting out at least once a week with a bag full of books and walking up Sunnyside Avenue *and yes is was a monster of a hill* to get to the Mt. Pleasant Public Library to report on all the books that I had read for the week. Sometimes I went twice a week. *Is it any wonder that I ended up being a school librarian?*

As for other school breaks and holidays, it was pretty much sleeping in, no homework, chilling out with friends and being able to read all day.

No comments: