Goal Trackers

Monday, March 26, 2007

NB Portfolio almost complete!!

It has been a long, hard haul, but I have my National Board portfolio 95% complete!! ALLELUIA!! For a while there, I really didn't know if I would actually get it completed. Shit just hit the fan in my life this year. Why is it that whenever I have something major to accomplish, everything else goes to pot? I know there's the saying out there that "God never gives you more than he thinks you can handle" but, come on... GOD, Don't trust me so much! The year started out with my grandmother, who lived with us on and off while I was growing, slipped into a coma in October. Not a single doctor in Italy could tell us why. No stroke, no heart attach, no blood clot...nothing, nada, zilch as for why. Then my brother-in-law is in and out of the hospital. On December 28, my grandmother passed. It was very hard. She was my last living grandparent, and my favorite. On February 28, my boyfriend of almost 2 years, breaks off our engagement. Talk about just wanting to give up and spend the rest of your life in bed. You think God could have stopped there, but noooooooooooooo. One week later a friend and co-worker of 6 years lost her battle with cancer. So yeah, I was in a SUPER depression funk for most of March. But somehow, someway, I managed to teach all the lessons I needed for NB. I have all my entries written up and have been sent off to various people to get feedback, and I still have 4.5 more days to edit and tweak till the absolute deadline to mail this sucker off. Friday I will definitely need to pull out and wear my t-shirt that has the slogan "Sometimes I amaze myself" written across the chest, because that is what I am feeling right now. And this monkey will be off my back just in time for Spring Break! Then I can go back to knitting!!

Of course, spending all this time planning lessons, video taping them and writing them up did not detract me from SEx of yarn! I tend to purchase a good amount of my yarn online through various stores or ebay. This was an ebay purchase that I took a chance on. I can't remember if I found this yarn or if my friend KozyKitty told me about it. It's 100% merino wool and it looked as if it would be as soft as Malabrigo Merino yarn which is super luscious soft! I just loved the color combo of the turquoise and black that I took the chance and order 2 skeins to make the My So Called Scarf with it. It finally got here this weekend, but I've been so busy with NB that I didn't have the time to post till today. This yarn is just as soft as the Malabrigo! I was ecstatic! Talk about willpower and not succumbing to the yearning of wanting to playing with this yarn and foregoing my work! Temptations!! As if God hasn't toyed with my life enough at this point! I just need to hold out a few more days and then I can bite the apple in the garden and eat it all up. YUM! *laugh*

No comments: