Goal Trackers

Friday, March 2, 2007

Prayer Shawl finished

Gloria's prayer shawl is complete. It is not to the dimensions that I had originally wanted for it, but time is not on my side and I didn't want to chance it being too late to give to her. I had cast on 249 stitches on size 11 needles. The pattern is simply *K3, P3,* repeat to last 3 stitches then K3. Every row. The colors blended nicely. When it came off the needles the shawl was about 6.5' long with some knotting fringe work on the ends. Can't really see that in the pictures.

I printed out 2 different prayers. a tag that listed the names of all the people who contibuted yarn to the shawl as well as a list of the colors and their meanings. I think Gloria will really appreciate it.
Gloria is home now. We are all just waiting for the news to come.

No comments: